Injuries and Insurance

Personal Injury Insurance 2019

This insurance provides cover for registered players, match officials and club officials who suffer an injury during official training, games, sanctioned tournaments and events, sanctioned tours and representative matches and travel to or from an official training or game. The main benefits claimable are non-Medicare Medical benefits including ambulance, physiotherapy, chiropractic, dental, private hospital accommodation, loss of income and student assistance.

What to do if injured

  1. Injury Claim Process
    Injury claim forms are now completed online through the claims portal on the FNSW Insurance website.
    The online claim process enables members to apply and upload documents and receipts online for quicker processing.
    Please note lodgement of claim forms need to be made within 120 days from the date of injury. Do not wait until your treatments have concluded before you lodge your claim. You can lodge your claim even if you have no out of pocket expenses.
  2. Insurances Provided
    What is covered?<>
    Personal Accident<>
    Lodge your claim online
  3. The injury person, parent or guardian registers and completes the claim form online.
  4. The Club Declaration and Physician’s Statement forms are both downloaded and printed by the claimant from the claims portal.
  5. The Club Declaration is completed by the club and is then saved and uploaded to the claims portal by the claimant.
  6. The Physician’s Statement is completed by the claimant’s Doctor or Specialist and is then saved and uploaded to the claims portal by the claimant.
  7. Injury Claim Verifications
    Claim verification is required for all injury claims to ensure the player was registered at time of injury, was participating in a sanctioned activity and that the information provided on the claim is accurate.
    Verification cannot occur until the Club Declaration and Physician’s Statement are uploaded or received by Gow-Gates. Please email the downloaded clubs declaration section to .
    Association injury claims are verified by the relevant Association and will be passed on to the Association by the Club Secretary.
  8. Any problems with the online claim portal please print the personal injury claim form and complete and email to  

Please lodge your claim via the link above if possible. If you cannot manage the online process, you can download the form below.

Personal Injury Claim Form »


Serious Injury

A serious injury report needs to be completed within 48 hours of a serious injury.

Serious Injury Report »